There’s more to music than meets the eye. Yes, it’s great entertainment, a source of inspiration and an outlet for any emotion, but you may be surprised by the benefits of learning to play or sing. We offer private music lessons in guitar, violin, ukulele, drums, piano as well as voice for kids and adults and know firsthand how much they can add to your life. Here’s how.
7 Private Music Lesson Benefits
Regardless of the genre or the instrument, the benefits include:
- Stronger Academic Skills – Research has linked music lessons to achievement in testing scores, reading comprehension and math skills, not to mention improved recall in all subjects.
- Increased Brain Activity – A study found students who received music instruction had improved sound discrimination and fine motor tasks, and brain imaging showed changes to the networks in the brain associated with those abilities.
- More Discipline – From learning to hold and play an instrument correctly to proper posture and breathing to sing, music lessons require time, patience and the discipline to continue to improve and achieve your goals. This is an invaluable skill that will serve you well throughout life.
- Improved Confidence – Most people don’t have the natural ability to sing beautifully or to pick up an instrument and play the first time around. But when all that discipline and hard work comes to fruition, it’s a huge confidence boost. You’ll feel like you’re able to do anything you put your mind to…and you can!
- Ability to Express Your True Self – It can be hard to find your niche at any age but music lessons can help. They offer a supportive environment that empowers self-expression and encourages you to be your true self.
- Cultural Understanding – If there’s one thing that can unite and inspire appreciation of our differences, it’s music. Through music lessons you’ll be exposed to cultures from across the globe and will have a better understanding of them.
- Spreading Joy – We could all use a little more joy in our lives and music lessons are one way to do just that. Quite simply playing an instrument and/or singing makes you happy…and everyone around you too!
Private Music Lessons at Expression City
Our instructors are not only talented; many of them are working professionals with real-life experience in what it takes to be ‘in the business.’ In addition to our range of private music lessons for kids and adults, you’ll also have numerous performance and recording opportunities in as well.
Private Guitar Lessons
Whether your interest is electric, acoustic or bass guitars, you’ll learn proper technique across a variety of music genres in our one-on-one sessions.
Private Piano Lessons
From beginner to advanced, we offer one-on-one piano instruction in a variety of genres including classical, jazz and contemporary.
Private Violin Lessons
In addition to private violin lessons we also provide instruction on the fiddle. You’ll learn fundamentals as well as ear-training across a range of musical genres such as classical, contemporary and bluegrass.
Private Drum Lessons
In our private drum lessons, you’ll learn proper technique and performance concepts across music genres that include rock, jazz, country and classical.
Private Ukulele Lessons
There’s so much opportunity with this little instrument! In our private ukulele lessons you’ll learn fundamentals like finger placement, chords and theory.
Private Voice Lessons
Our students range from those interested in exploring their voice to seasoned vocalists preparing for that big audition. In addition to vocal instruction, you’ll also learn stage presence and showmanship across different genres and vocal styles including pop, jazz and musical theatre.
Choose from weekly, one-on-one instruction in 30- or 60-minute sessions. Various time slots are available. Learn more about our music programs or book a private music lesson today!