How does a young child benefit from participating in Expression City’s creative arts program?
Researchers have found a strong correlation between childhood involvement in creative arts and measurable success later in life. The New York Center for Arts Education lists these benefits:
- learns to think creatively
- learns to observe, describe, analyze and interpret
- learns to express feelings
- learns problem-solving skills, critical-thinking skills, and language skills
- learns to collaborate with other children and adults
- learns to go beyond just learning a skill to expressing a personal voice