Expression City offers a variety of acting lessons, from on-camera acting classes for TV and film, to drama and musical theatre classes for stage, to private acting coaching, to audition taping for youth and adults.
Our teachers are working actors who are knowledgeable in the art and business of acting. We work with students who are new to the business as well as seasoned actors who want to perfect their skills. We specialize in providing safe, non-judgmental coaching and encouragement to work authentically, make mistakes, and learn from honest feedback.
Students who are enrolled in Expression City’s acting program gain improvements in:
• Team Work
• Public Speaking Skills
Triple Threat Program
Getting noticed in a sea of performers can be challenging. How can you make sure you stand out? Become a Triple Threat!
Triple Threat performers are those who excel at acting, singing, and dancing. Being well-trained in each of these skills gives an advantage in landing a variety of roles over those who choose to train in a single skill only.
- ACTING–60 MINUTE WEEKLY GROUP LESSON
- DANCE–60 MINUTE WEEKLY GROUP LESSON
- VOCAL COACHING–30 MINUTE WEEKLY PRIVATE LESSON
Our Triple Threat class combo is offered at the discounted rate of $225 per month.
ADD-ON CLASSES to the Triple Threat Program are available at discounted rates as well. These include:
- Musical Theater–a four-hour weekly group class culminating in a full performance at the end of the semester for an additional $75 per month as an add-on class
- Pitch Perfect–a 60-minute weekly group vocal class for an additional $18 per month
- Tap–a 60-minute weekly group class for an additional $18 per month
- Scene into Song–a 60-minute weekly group class focusing on bringing acting and singing together in comprehensive lessons for an additional $18 per month.
Musical Theater Program
Musical Theater is a four-hour weekly group acting class that meets Mondays 6:30 – 8:30 pm and Saturdays 1:30 -3:30 pm. Our spring 2017 show is Seussical, Jr for ages 10 – 17 beginning February 4th with performances on May 26th and 27th. Tuition is $120 per month.
- ACTING FOR TV AND FILM
- AUDITION TAPING
- PRIVATE COACHING
- SCENE INTO SONG is a chance for the budding Broadway star to get a sense of what it is like to act and sing together in a comprehensive class. Students will receive a two- or three-person scene from a popular Broadway musical, analyze acting techniques through the script, and determine why there is a need to end the scene in song. Students will also learn the importance of the words behind each song and how to carry their acting techniques into what they are emoting through music.